We have published the work of over 100 authors and illustrators in our online and print anthologies
What are we looking for?
- Stories that excite us – funny, heartfelt, adventure
- Stories that are well-written and polished.
- Stories that will surprise readers with every page turn.
- Authors who know their audience.
- Creatives who understand publication is a collaborative process.
- Creatives who trust and respect the process of bringing a book to publication.
We look forward to creating quality books under CKT Publishing.
Please ensure in the subject line it reads (your name – story title)
- Picture book manuscript of no more than 600 words.
- The cover page must contain the Author’s Name, contact information, the title of the manuscript and word count.
- The Author’s name and the title of manuscript must appear in the header of each page.
- Page x of y must appear in the page footer, bottom right.
- The manuscript must be submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font with left justification, double-spaced with an indent to indicate new paragraphs.
- Please ensure there is a 3cm margin at the top, bottom, left and right of each page.
- Submissions must be in Word format only. We do not accept files submitted as a Zip file, PDF, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Do NOT include:
- Fancy borders.
- Story ideas or incomplete manuscripts.
- Illustrations or illustration notes.
- Text other than 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Coloured text.
- We do not accept files submitted as a Zip file, PDF, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Illustrators we haven’t forgotten you!
If you are interested in illustrating for CKT Publishing, please send us three of your best illustrations.
ILLUSTRATORS ONLY – can send us illustrations via email, Zip file, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
A. We have successfully published over 100 authors and illustrators through our anthologies. We are now focussing on producing quality picture books that entertain and inspire children.
A. No, but with all the unique services & benefits we have to offer our members, now is the perfect time join the CKT family?
A. Yes, we are happy to consider submissions from both new and existing authors.
A. Yes, we are happy to consider multiple submissions. Please ensure they are polished and the best they can be, before submitting. Only one pitch letter is needed and you can list information about your multiple submissions, on the one letter.
A. Your manuscript should be polished prior to submission. Having your work assessed, can increase your chances of getting your manuscript across the line.
A. Your pitch letter should be short, concise, and no more than one page. Half a page would be better. We’d prefer your manuscript to be polished, so it will be the place where you really sell yourself. Only if we are interested in your manuscript, will we read your pitch letter.
Your pitch should include:
- Your name
- Title of your manuscript
- Intended age
- Comparative titles
- Marketing ideas
- Any writer/illustrator achievements
Do NOT tell us how much your friends/family love your story.
A. No, we will only accept submissions directly from the author or illustrator.
A. We are looking to publish writers or illustrators aged between 18-110 years old.